- It does not cost to go to a mediation.
- The mediation is conducted by a Deputy Commissioner.
- The mediation is confidential.
- If the parties agree, you can work out a settlement at a mediation.
- If the parties do not agree the case can be set for a hearing.
- The claimant can obtain a confidential opinion about the merits of his/her case.
- The claimant can find out what is bad about his/her case.
What are the bad things about a mediation?
- It does take time to set up a mediation.
- The insurance company is not forced to settle at a mediation.
- The insurance company can find out the bad things about the claimant's case.
In summary, I believe mediations on the whole benefit the claimant.
For more information, contact Jerry Lutkenhaus at (804)-358-4766 or at 1(800) 256-8862 and you can visit our website at : Virginia Workers' Compensation Lawyer.